Apply today if you are interested in becoming the next generation of researchers!
Usanas Foundation is a non-profit research and policy-oriented think tank located in Udaipur, Rajasthan, India. We are looking for young talented individuals with diverse perspectives to join our team in providing strategic insights and make a more significant impact in decision making.
We are currently hiring individuals who are interested in both administrative and research prospectus. We provide a very collaborative and cooperative work environment that acknowledges individual contributions and achievements.
The following positions are available with Usanas foundation:
Intern at Usanas Foundation
We are looking for talented young undergraduate and graduate students of any stream with a strong academic record, a demonstrated interest in event planning, editing, and publishing with good writing skills. Individuals with video editing and technical skills have an added advantage.
- Responsibilities and duties
- Data collection and updating contact database.
- Assist with administrative, logistical, and programmatic support for a variety of events and programs
- Conduct surveys and research for effective program implementation
- Track grants and other opportunities.
- Monitor national and global news, events, and think thank websites on policy-specific issues.
- Active Participation in research-related lectures and events.
- Assist with mailing and social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Assist and coordinate with the researcher officers and associates in relevant activities.
- Organize and prepare electronic and printed materials for events and programs
- Undertake other organizational duties as assigned
At this time, we cannot support remuneration. It is an unpaid internship. Individuals who need special consideration for financial assistance /aid, we would like to consider provided you submit a request letter.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (graduate and currently enrolled) in any stream. Special consideration will be made for International Relations, Political Science, Journalism, English, Development Studies, Public Policy, International Business, Economics, Marketing, and Computer Science..
- Willing to intern for a minimum of 9hrs/ day with three months’ commitment..
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook).
- Good English verbal, writing, and editing skills.
- Basic knowledge of IT skills/ virtual dashboards/ social media / mobile APPs.
- Highly determined, organized, detailed, and oriented with strong time-management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well in a team and communicate effectively.
- Flexibility and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
Research Analyst (China Studies)
Usanas is seeking Research Analysts to work on China under our in house Research Programme.
1. The role primarily involves different aspects of the China's PLA’s modernisation effort.
2. Creating analytical frameworks for assessing developments related to the Chinese armed forces and their impact on Indian security interests using OSINT.
3. Drafting reports, policy briefs, blog posts, fact sheets, and op-eds.
4. Working with Experts, Media and Outreach teams for research.
5. Engaging with external stakeholders, where necessary.
1. A degree in International Relations, Strategic Studies or a related field preferred.
2. A good understanding of the Chinese political system.Familiarity with Chinese government publications and media ecosystem. Prior exposure to Chinese work culture is preferred.
3. Proficiency in the Chinese language (spoken/written) is a must. Familiarity with Chinese internet is preferred.
4. Strong analytical and presentation skills, Knowledge of computers & use of social media. Basic computer programming skills preferred.
5. Interest in Tibetan history, culture, and traditions.
6. Strong interpersonal & communication skills, passion to travel, and curiosity to learn besides a flair to achieve results are expected qualities. Ability to multitask on projects.
- Shortlisted candidates will be intimated by the face-to-face Webex interview.
- Documents to be attached: Updated Curriculum vitae, Cover Letter, Recommendation Letter, and Writing Samples.
- Candidate with experience will be given preference
Interested candidates willing to assume the role at the earliest can send us your resume with the documents mentioned above at email@example.com