Apply today if you are interested in becoming the next generation of researchers!
Usanas Foundation is a non-profit research and policy-oriented think tank located in Udaipur, Rajasthan, India. We are looking for young talented individuals with diverse perspectives to join our team in providing strategic insights and make a more significant impact in decision making.
We are currently hiring individuals who are interested in both administrative and research prospectus. We provide a very collaborative and cooperative work environment that acknowledges individual contributions and achievements.
The following positions are available with Usanas foundation:
Intern at Usanas Foundation
We are looking for talented young undergraduate and graduate students of any stream with a strong academic record, a demonstrated interest in event planning, editing, and publishing with good writing skills. Individuals with video editing and technical skills have an added advantage.
- Responsibilities and duties
- Data collection and updating contact database.
- Assist with administrative, logistical, and programmatic support for a variety of events and programs
- Conduct surveys and research for effective program implementation
- Track grants and other opportunities.
- Monitor national and global news, events, and think thank websites on policy-specific issues.
- Active Participation in research-related lectures and events.
- Assist with mailing and social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Assist and coordinate with the researcher officers and associates in relevant activities.
- Organize and prepare electronic and printed materials for events and programs
- Undertake other organizational duties as assigned
At this time, we cannot support remuneration. It is an unpaid internship. Individuals who need special consideration for financial assistance /aid, we would like to consider provided you submit a request letter.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (graduate and currently enrolled) in any stream. Special consideration will be made for International Relations, Political Science, Journalism, English, Development Studies, Public Policy, International Business, Economics, Marketing, and Computer Science..
- Willing to intern for a minimum of 9hrs/ day with three months’ commitment..
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook).
- Good English verbal, writing, and editing skills.
- Basic knowledge of IT skills/ virtual dashboards/ social media / mobile APPs.
- Highly determined, organized, detailed, and oriented with strong time-management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well in a team and communicate effectively.
- Flexibility and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
We welcome talented young postgraduates and doctoral candidates who have a penchant for strategic studies and display managerial skill sets, self-driven with the ability to take initiatives independently, work with us as a team, and responsible for leading and executing research activities of the Usanas Foundation.
- Responsibilities and duties
- Responsible for all publications and research activities of the foundation.
- Responsible for the quality and content of articles submitted for publication.
- Monitoring relevant developments in world politics
- Maintaining an accurate record of research and program activities
- Train and mentor interns with relevant research, technical and managerial skills.
- Assume leadership role, if required.
- Strategize and plan events online and offline.
- Active engagement and support in networking to identify potential donors
- Identifyingrelevant research projects and preparing research proposals.
- Assistance in fund-raising
- Coordinating programs and events
- Scouting for articles, commentaries, and event-reporting.
- Provide administrative support, if required.
- Undertake other organizational and managerial duties as assigned.
- Help build a harmonious work environment
- As per industry standards, a reasonable and respectful monthly honorarium, depending on qualification and experience. We recognize and compensate right, talented, motivated candidates who can make a positive impact.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D.Scholar, or Post-Doctoral fellow, (graduate and currently enrolled) in any stream. Special consideration will be made for International Relations, Political Science, Journalism, English, Development Studies, Public Policy, International Business, Economics, and Area-specific studies (specialization).
- Preferably, some experience in writing, editing, proof-reading, conducting research, organizing events. Any expertise in research would be highly regarded.
- Efficiency in Qualitative and Qualitative research methods.
- Good command over written and spoken English.
- Established written skills (Submit published written work or a Sample writing).
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook) and data interpretation skills.
- Relevant tertiary knowledge and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to liaise with academicians, journalists, government officials, and scholars regarding programs and events.
- Ability to use relevant technology and internet/ social media tools.
- Flexibility and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to work as a team and independently, if required.
- Strong desire to learn, amend, and grow.
- Open to a diversity of ideas, thoughts, and people.
- Shortlisted candidates will be intimidated about the face-to-face Webex interview.
- Documents to be attached: Updated Curriculum vitae, Cover Letter, Recommendation Letter, and Writing Samples.
- Candidate with experience will be given preference
Interested candidates willing to assume the role at the earliest can send us your resume with the documents mentioned above at email@example.com use the link below to submit an online application.